Five different types of canned beans are cooked together with spinach in this hearty vegetarian stew.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Place broth and spinach in a pot over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes, or until spinach is thawed. Mix in dark and light kidney beans, black beans and liquid, great northern beans and liquid, pinto beans and liquid, and oil. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.