This is a great appetizer, especially for entertaining guests. It goes well with any Italian entree, doesn't require a lot of work, and it tastes wonderful!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. In a bowl, mix the onion, garlic, olives, 2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, basil, and parsley. Gently toss in the tomatoes. Top bread slices with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly toasted.