Canned and dried soups simplify preparation of this stew, which requires about four hours in the oven. Mushrooms and red wine are added for the final ten minutes of cooking.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 2 pounds beef roast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package herb and lemon soup mix
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine the beef, dry soup mix, bouillon, onion and soup. Mix all together and pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 4 hours.
Add mushrooms and wine and bake for another 10 minutes. Add cooked egg noodles and mix all together. Serve with fresh bread and a green salad, if desired.