Bottled Italian salad dressing is dolled up with a bit of cumin and pepper sauce. Then it 's mixed into cooked strips of beef, red onion, kidney beans, and corn. Even better when tossed with salad greens and lots of shredded cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound flank steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
Combine the cumin, hot pepper sauce and Italian dressing in a small bowl and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup of the dressing. In a separate bowl, add enough dressing to coat the beef and let marinate for 1 hour.
In a hot skillet, fry the beef and cook until done. Allow the beef to cool. In a medium bowl combine the beef with the corn, beans, onions and 1/2 cup of the dressing. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
To serve, toss the beef and vegetable mixture with the salad greens, tomatoes and shredded cheese. Add extra dressing if necessary and top with the crushed tortilla chips.