Green beans, corn and rice are featured in this beef stew made with carrots and potatoes in a rosemary seasoned broth.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup instant rice
Heat oil in large pot. Add beef and flour, stirring to coat beef; brown.
Add water, salt, and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour.
Stir in potatoes, carrots (or turnips), browning sauce, and rosemary. Simmer 1-2 hours.
Add corn, green beans, and rice; simmer for 30 minutes longer.