Sirloin steak, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and paprika are combined with onions and nonfat sour cream for a different version of the traditional dish. It is served over egg noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into bite size strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cups fat free sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
Brown the beef strips in a large skillet over medium high heat and drain excess fat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and ground black pepper.
Add the soup, reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Then add the sour cream, stirring well.
Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Serve beef mixture over the egg noodles.