A home-made sausage combining ground beef with seasonings and liquid smoke. It is baked at low temperature for four hours.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 4 tablespoons monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
In a large bowl, combine the beef, meat tenderizer, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, garlic powder, brown sugar, mustard powder and peppercorns and mix well. Pour the liquid smoke over the mixture, but do not mix. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 150 degrees F (65 degrees C).
Remove the beef mixture from refrigerator and mix well. Roll into 1 1/2x9 inch logs and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Bake at 150 degrees F (65 degrees C) for 4 hours. Remove from oven and let cool.