Simple beef teriyaki with quickly-browned beef sirloin strips and broccoli florets; simmered in a thick soy sauce and brown sugar sauce, seasoned with garlic powder. Served over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice beef into very thin strips.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sugar and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly.
In a large skillet, over medium/high heat, saute the beef strips until browned and juices evaporate.
Stir broccoli and cornstarch mixture into meat. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring frequently. Serve over the cooked rice.