Strips of beef tenderloin are sauteed with mushrooms, onion, garlic, and snap peas, and stewed in broth and port.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat 2 to 3 minutes. Remove meat to paper towels. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook until onion is soft.
Sprinkle in flour, and stir well to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in broth and wine; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Stir in peas; cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Return meat to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, and heat through.