This hearty vegetable and pasta soup incorporates carrots, potatoes, green beans, corn and more in a beef broth. Serve hot with a sprinkling of grated cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 10 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups seashell pasta
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, combine the broth, tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes with juice, carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, corn, green beans, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in pasta and cook for an aditional 15 to 25 minutes or until pasta is tender. Adjust seasoning and serve hot with a sprinkle of Cheddar cheese on top.