Add Cheddar cheese and chilies to self-rising flour and beer, and you have yourself a zippy bread that goes great with salads, barbecue and chili.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, beer, cheese and chilies. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan; spread batter to evenly fill pan. Pour melted butter on top of loaf.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.