My best friend shared this recipe with me, and we are SO SICK of making it -- but it's always requested at our parties! We have made the pretzel in various shapes, depending on the occasion (e.g., hearts, sorority letters, etc.). The pretzel may be part
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot bread roll mix with yeast
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups beer
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced and softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup beer, room temperature
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix the hot bread roll mix with yeast and Cheddar cheese.
In a microwave or small saucepan, heat the beer to almost boiling. Stir beer and egg into the flour mixture and knead 5 minutes. Allow the dough to rest 5 minutes, then roll into desired shape. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, processed cheese, garlic powder and room temperature beer. Refrigerate until serving with the baked dough.