Processed cheese, beer and sour cream are spiced with cumin, nutmeg and cloves in this easy soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/8 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups sour cream
- 12 ounces processed cheese, cubed
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in beer, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in cumin, salt, nutmeg, cloves and pepper. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cheese. Serve at once.