Crisp romaine hearts are tossed with julienned beets, sweet rings of red onion, Parmesan cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette and then sprinkled with hot, crumbled bacon.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 romaine hearts, rinsed and torn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans julienned beets, drained
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the romaine, beets, onion, cheese and dressing until evenly coated. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and serve immediately.