Wonderful buttery bar cookie!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons red decorator sugar
- 2 teaspoons green decorator sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cream butter with extract; add brown sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together; add in thirds to creamed mixture, mixing until blended after each addition. Turn into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan and spread evenly to edges.
Sprinkle a mixture of almonds and cinnamon over batter, then sprinkle with a mixture of red and green sugars.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm.