Swiss and Cheddar cheeses are baked into this veggie and bacon quiche that's certain to please.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large bowl, whip together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir in bacon, spinach, mushrooms, onions, 3/4 cup Swiss cheese, and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese. Transfer to the pie crust. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 35 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.