This is my potato salad I have created for many family gatherings. The olives and dill relish give it a twist from the typical bland salad. Everyone always brags on me about it. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, cubed
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender but not mushy. Drain in a colander, and run under cold water to cool. Set aside.
In a large serving bowl, Stir together the eggs, green olives, dill and sweet pickle relishes, green onion, mayonnaise, yellow and brown mustards, and wine vinegar. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, salt, celery seed, dill seed, and dill. Mix well, and stir in potatoes until coated. Chill for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Potato Salad Tips