GRAND PRIZE WINNER: 2002 Hershey's 'I Resolve to Eat More Chocolate' Recipe Contest. A 'berry' delicious brownie using Hershey's Dutch Process Cocoa, and Raspberry Chips topped with fresh raspberries, succulent blackberries and hand-whipped cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup HERSHEY®'S Raspberry Chips OR HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY®'S Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 3/4 fresh blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Heat oven to 350 F. Wax paper line and grease 9-inch round baking pan. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in raspberry chips.
Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add cocoa, blending well. Stir in flour mixture. Spread mixture in prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Turn right side up; cool completely.
Beat whipping cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Spread over top of brownie. Top with berries. Refrigerate until serving time.