A wonderful unexpected blend of fresh apples, onions, peppers, and beans, with a great dressing to toss in some zing!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 medium sweet apples, cored and cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine the apples, bell pepper, red onion and kidney beans. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard and pepper. Pour over the salad, and stir gently to coat.