Brown sugar, chili powder and paprika are augmented by a subtle array of spices in this beef brisket rub with a flavor the size of Texas. Rub into beef at least 2 hours before cooking.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
In a large bowl, mix seasoning salt, paprika, chili powder, ginger, nutmeg, dry mustard, cloves, dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix, garlic salt, black pepper and brown sugar.