Using a few shortcuts--prepackaged pie crust and onion soup mix--this Gruyere and Parmesan quiche can be made with a minimum of effort.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 poached skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Spread crust into a 10 inch deep dish pie plate. Arrange chicken evenly over the crust. Cover with Gruyere cheese.
In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk, onion soup mix and Parmesan cheese. Pour mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with paprika to taste.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 30 more minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.