Breaded chicken patties are accessorized with onion, celery, and seasonings, then fried up and served with an easy cream sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 1/4 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs, for rolling
Combine 1/3 cup of the soup, chicken, bread crumbs, celery, onion and 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Mix well and shape into 6 croquettes (I make patties). Chill in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
Remove croquettes from refrigerator and roll in additional bread crumbs. In a large skillet, melt 1 to 2 tablespoons shortening. Brown the croquettes in the shortening. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining soup, milk and 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Heat over low, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce over croquettes.