Hot, creamy crab dip with cheese, capers and artichoke hearts, served in a bread bowl.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup capers, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, or to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) round loaf sourdough bread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, sour cream, cream cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, capers, artichoke hearts, garlic, black pepper and dill. Stir until well mixed. Spoon dip into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Old Bay Seasoning TM.
Bake in preheated oven until top is crusty, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Cut the top off the loaf of bread. Hollow out the loaf and cube the top and the removed pieces so that they may be used for dipping. Spoon hot dip into hollow bread loaf. Serve immediately with bread pieces for dipping.