Everyone will enjoy these delicious potatoes cooked up with Indian spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Place the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly toast the cumin seeds in the ghee. Mix in the green chile peppers and ginger. Season with chili powder and coriander. Stir in the potatoes, and cook about 5 minutes. Season with amchoor and salt, and continue cooking about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.