This was given to me by a long-time friend now living in Virginia
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 16 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup white sugar
Bake yellow cake mix according to package directions for one 9x13 inch cake.
Combine the crushed pineapple (undrained) with the white sugar and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Set aside to cool.
Mix instant vanilla pudding according to package directions.
Once cake is cool spread the cooled pineapple mixture over the top followed by the vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and whipped topping. Sprinkle the flaked coconut and chopped nuts over the top of the cake. Let cake chill for at least 1 hour before serving.