Canned fruit and chopped nuts are folded into a creamy gelatin base in this cold salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (16.5 ounce) can pitted Bing cherries, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 fluid ounces cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 cup chopped pecans
In a sauce pan, combine reserved cherry juice and pineapple juice to equal 1 cup. Bring to boil, add gelatin and whisk together. Remove from heat and add cream cheese and blend together until smooth.
Add cola and beat until mixture becomes fluffy. Fold in cherries, pineapple, and nuts. Pour into molded container, chill 6 to 8 hours or until firm.