This appetizer is excellent for a holiday party, such as New Year's Eve. Prepare this recipe a day ahead, and let the flavors mellow.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 yellow or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers packed in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced purple onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
COMBINE all ingredients in a medium-size bowl; stir well. Cover and chill for several hours. Serve at room temperature with pita chips.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.