My husband loves peas and beans, but I do not like the southern way of cooking them. I came up with this recipe so we could both enjoy black-eyed peas. This salad is so rich and sweet with flavor, and all the ingredients go great together! It is even bett
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl with enough boiling water to cover. Allow to sit 3 minutes, or until softened. Drain, and cut into strips.
In a medium bowl, mix the sun-dried tomatoes, black-eyed peas, onion, bell pepper, and feta.
In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. Drizzle over the salad, and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.