Black-eyed peas are cooked with garlic, jalapeno, and onion, and served in tortillas.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Mix in the black-eyed peas, vegetable stock, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and continue cooking until heated through. Wrap the mixture in the tortillas to serve.