This is a quick and easy making chicken recipe with dark meat and a touch of oriental taste--which comes from the fermented black beans. Very good for dinner with fresh made rice or noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 cups fresh white mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and heat through. Stir in the garlic, ginger, black beans, green onion and green pepper. Sautee for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic turns yellow.
Place drumsticks into the pan and fry for 5 minutes, then stir in the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and heat for 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
When chicken is cooked through, stir in the sesame oil and fresh chives, remove from heat and serve.