Beans, corn, scallions, bell peppers and onions are mixed together and napped with a vinaigrette dressing that has had a few niceties added ...cilantro, pepper, cayenne and cumin. Toss and let sit overnight. Wonderful!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
In a small bowl, mix together vinaigrette, seasoned pepper, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Set dressing aside.
In a large bowl, stir together beans, corn, onion, scallions, and red bell pepper. Toss with dressing. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Toss again before serving.