Reduced calorie dip that's packed with flavor. Let the dip chill while the chips are being prepared. The consistency will be thicker and the beans will have time to absorb the spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamy salad dressing (ie: Fat Free Miracle Whip TM)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, mash the beans with a fork. Combine the salad dressing, sour cream, green chilies, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Blend well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve with the baked tortilla chips.
Spray the tortillas lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake until crisp and lightly browned.