Picante sauce gives lots of zip to the tasty filling in these meatless enchiladas. Each generous serving is packed with fresh-tasting ingredients-and fiber, too.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons fat free sour cream
In a nonstick skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in broth for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Mash one can of black beans. Add to the skillet with 3/4 cup of picante sauce and remaining beans; heat through.
Spoon 1/4 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining picante sauce; spoon over enchiladas.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer. To serve, place 1/2 cup lettuce on each plate and top with two enchiladas. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 enchiladas) equals 404 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 7 mg cholesterol, 1,477 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.