A delicious vegetarian lasagna using corn tortillas instead of lasagna noodles, layered with salsa, black beans, cheese, and guacamole.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, quartered
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, 3 cloves of chopped garlic, and green and red bell peppers. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in tomatoes with juice, salsa, and black beans. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, and cook about 3 minutes.
In a bowl, mash the avocados with 1 clove chopped garlic and lemon juice.
Place a layer of tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the tomato and bean mixture on top. Spread 1/2 of guacamole on top, then sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese. Lay out another layer of tortillas. Top with half of the remaining tomato and bean mixture. Then spread remaining guacamole on top. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly.