A spicy Southwestern-inspired twist on a classic dish. Lasagna noodles are rolled up with ricotta cheese and black beans, and served with a spooning of salsa. This diabetic recipe is a free preview of our Quick-Smart™ Diabetic recipe collection. The
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups drained canned no-salt-added black beans
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15.5 ounce) jar no-salt-added salsa
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
Combine cheeses and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. Spread cheese mixture over one side of each noodle. Spoon black beans evenly over cheese mixture. Roll up noodles, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow ends.
Place lasagna rolls, seam sides down, in an 11- x 7- x 11/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
To serve, spoon salsa evenly over rolls, and garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Calories 295 Fat 7.8g (sat 4.3g) Protein 18.8g Carbohydrate 37.8g Fiber 2.8g Cholesterol 26mg Sodium 387mg Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Lean Meat© 2002 by Oxmoor House, Inc. Reprinted with permission of Oxmoor House®, Inc. All rights reserved.