A hearty savory pie with black beans, green chiles, tomatoes, onion and garlic. It's topped off with cheddar cheese and flour tortillas. Ole!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 (16 ounce) package Cheddar cheese
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix the beans, green chiles, tomatoes, onion and garlic. Line 9 inch pie pan with one pie crust. Pour 1/4 of the bean mixture into crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle with some of the cheese and cover with a tortilla. Continue to layer mixture the with cheese and tortillas, then cover with second pie crust. Flute edges and make slits in top.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden.