Sauteed sliced artichoke hearts provide a new twist on an old favorite. Cooked black beans are paired up with sauteed artichoke hearts, garlic, and onions, and wrapped up in flour tortillas with shredded sharp Cheddar and diced tomatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced (optional)
Pour the beans into a large iron skillet, and bring to a boil. Cook at a hard simmer until they become pasty and begin to resemble burrito beans in texture.
Heat oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in artichoke hearts, onion, and garlic; cook until the artichokes become golden brown.
Place tortillas in a dry skillet over low heat to warm. Remove from skillet. Spoon beans and artichoke mixture onto each tortilla, and top with cheese and tomato. Fold in ends, and roll up.