Black beans cooked with onion, green pepper and garlic, seasoned with bay leaves, salt, cumin and oregano. White wine and vinegar give these beans a nice little bite!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups dry black beans, soaked overnight
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
In a medium stockpot over medium-high heat, cover beans with water and cook with onion, green pepper, garlic, bay leaves, salt, cumin and oregano. Boil until beans are tender, about 1 hour. Add water as necessary so that the beans don't dry out or scorch.
When beans are cooked, stir in wine, vinegar and oil.