This salad is a cool combination of hominy, black beans, sweet and hot peppers, picante and spices.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced green onions with tops
- 1/4 cup seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
In a large bowl, gently stir together the hominy, black beans, onion, green and red peppers, green onion, jalapeno, picante sauce, cumin, salt, sugar and cilantro. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips on a bed of lettuce.