Chocolate and cherries are a magical combination. This cake is so moist and yummy that it doesn't need icing.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan and set aside.
Pour cake mix into mixer bowl. Add eggs, pie filling, and almond and vanilla extracts. Stir until combined. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate morsels.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack. Place on flat surface and cut into squares.
©2002 McCormick & Co., Inc. All Rights Reserved.