This decadent trifle is made without sin, by using fat-free and sugar-free ingredients. This diabetic recipe is a free preview of our Quick-Smart™ Diabetic recipe collection. The complete Diabetic recipe collection is available by subscription only.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package chocolate sugar-free, low-fat cake mix (such as Sweet 'N Low)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) box chocolate sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen no-sugar-added pitted cherries
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sugar-free chocolate curls (optional)
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using 3/4 cup water. Let cake cool in pan; remove from pan, cut into cubes.
Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups fat-free milk; chill at least 30 minutes.
Thaw cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine cherries, juice, and food coloring.
Place half of cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of cherries over cake; spread 1 cup pudding over cherries, and top with half of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with chocolate curls. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Calories 132 Fat 1.7g (sat 0.6g) Protein 3.3g Carbohydrate 28.1g Fiber 0.9g Cholesterol 1mg Sodium 151mg Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit© 2002 by Oxmoor House, Inc. Reprinted with permission of Oxmoor House®, Inc. All rights reserved.