Black squid ink pasta is tossed in a creamy sauce along with garlic, shallots and prosciutto.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package black squid ink pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 5 (1/2 ounce) slices prosciutto, diced
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 leaves fresh basil, cut into thin strips
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute shallots and garlic until lightly golden. Pour in wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, and stir in gorgonzola. Add tomato paste and prosciutto; bring to a boil. Stir in half-and-half, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Cook until pasta is heated through. Transfer to serving dish, and garnish with parmesan and basil.