Cookies with black pepper.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied citron
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Beat eggs with brown sugar. Stir in flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and pepper. Add nuts, raisins and citron and stir to coat. Pour the egg-sugar mixture into flour mixture and stir to make a stiff dough. Chill.
Using rounded teaspoonful of dough roll into balls with floured hands. Put on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.