Grandma's classic blackberry pie gets a new twist. Perfect for summer gatherings and parties. The kids will love it!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) package pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups blackberries
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place one of the pie crusts into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
In a bowl, mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Gently stir in the blackberries and chocolate chips. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Transfer to the pie crust in the pie plate. Place remaining pie crust over the top, and secure to the bottom crust by pressing with a fork, or fluting with your fingers.
Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until top is golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing.