Take the bait and try this spicy charred chicken--a Cajun favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Rub one side of chicken breasts with spice mixture.
Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat for 15 minutes.
Place chicken in hot pan, seasoned side down, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side. Place breasts on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.