This simple, delicious, and creamy vegetarian pasta dish features sauteed zucchini with garlic, white wine, cream, and blue cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the zucchini and garlic; cook until the zucchini is tender. Stir in wine, blue cheese, cream, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add fettuccini, and cook until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, rinse under warm water, and drain again.
Return pasta to the pot, and toss with sauce over low heat. Serve with Parmesan and parsley sprinkled over the top.