A delicious blue cheese party spread made with red onion, and marinated in vinaigrette dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 pound) loaf cocktail rye bread
In a glass dish or serving bowl, layer the blue cheese and onion. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard powder and pepper. Pour over the blue cheese and onions, and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature to marinate. Serve on cocktail rye slices.