Serve these moist, mild-tasting patties with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles and the gravy, which gets great flavor from fresh mushrooms.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
In an ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.