These bars taste like blueberry cheesecake.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
To make the crust: Cream shortening, sugar, one egg, milk and almond extract in a large bowl. Mix in flour and baking powder, stirring constantly. Spread crust evenly in baking pan. Top with blueberries.
To make the topping: In a medium bowl, beat two eggs, and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and almond extract. Spread over blueberries.
Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Cool in pan before cutting.