Buttermilk makes an especially light batter for this yummy yeast bread. This recipe calls for dried blueberries, which may be found at larger or specialty grocery stores.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 1/3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Place all ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
Select White Bread cycle, and Start.